Wednesday, November 08, 2006

no title

I just about have my materials ready for my Chevron Lace Scarf class. The scarf is about 1/3 done and I went ahead and blocked it and put it on a holder to leave at the shop. I'll get a picture up soon. I've decided I really do want to finish the whole scarf so I'm going to start on the other end and I'll graft the stitches once it's done. I'm also working on swatches for this in a solid yarn and in some of the koigu from the FBS. I'm beading the Koigu and have worked out several charts for it. Once I knit some up, I'll know better what I like. No progress on the pink Cascade Sierra sweater for my friend's little girl and now the pattern is hiding from me. Unikat is still waiting to be finished; I would have finished her during my last trip to my parents' house if I'd had the right needle with me. FBS is ... well you know where she is. Gelato is in my knitting bag needing only handles and a flap. I'm into the ribbing on Something Red Chocolate and the first ribbing increase row just doesn't look good. I'm going to try the increase Jacqui at Woolwinders (MD) suggested. I've stalled about half way through my inventory. I think it's a case of severe denial. I'm working at The Purly Gates on Sundays. Last Sunday was my first and it was busier than I expected after the first hour or so and the last hour was very busy. I even sold a kit for my Serendipity Shawl. It was fun and couple of knit-buddies were kind enough to stop by and just sit and knit to keep me company. I especially liked that some of the customers had had no idea we would be open. Once January rolls around, the shop will only open one Sunday a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

hit counters
Zappos Coupons